Although the KNX USB licensing dongle has been plugged into the computer, it is not recognized.
The following shall be done:
- Remove the dongle from the USB port where it currently is plugged and try another USB port from the same computer.
- Remove the dongle from the USB port where it currently is plugged and try a USB port from another computer.
- Temporarily deactivate any software that may interfere with the USB connection (e.g. antivirus, firewall).
- See also this: Citrix Workspace app blocks the licensing dongle
If the dongle is still not recognized, please proceed as follows:
- Download the attached ZIP file and extract.
- Right-click the tool 'USBDeview32' and select 'Run as administrator' from the context menu.
- Click the VendorID column in order to sort.
- Ensure that the dongle is no longer connected to the computer.
- Look for all USB entries with both the following property values:
VendorID = 2a07 and ProductID = 0102
- Right-click these entries and select 'Uninstall Selected Device' from the context menu.
- After removing all affected devices (entries), plug the dongle back to the computer. The USB driver setup should start automatically and the dongle should be recognized (again) after a while.
If the dongle is still not recognized, then please report the issue by following this procedure, and to include the following information:
- Is the dongle connected to USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 port?
- Is the USB port used directly or indirectly via a USB hub?