A KNX training centre that wants to take its course to the next level has the possibility to additionally offer the KNX Advanced course. The theoretical and practical part of the Advanced course is organized Face to Face (F2F). The theoretical part of the course can also be organized online. Mobile or fixed training rigs are used to convey the practical part of the course. The theoretical and practical exam is always organized F2F. The following topics shall be conveyed during the organization of a KNX Advanced course:
|Topics||Location||Number of hours|
|1||Fail-safe planning (informative chapter)||F2F / Online||-|
|2||ETS Apps (informative chapter)||F2F / Online||-|
|3||KNX and Multimedia (informative chapter)||F2F / Online||-|
|4||KNX and Smart Metering / Smart Grid (informative chapter)||F2F / Online||-|
|5||Flags||F2F / Online||2h|
|6||Interworking||F2F / Online||2h|
|7||KNX Telegram||F2F / Online||2h|
|9||HVAC control with KNX||F2F||4h|
|15||Visualization systems||F2F||3h, 30 min.|
|16||Theoretical exam||F2F||30 min.|
Requirements with regard to the KNX Advanced course
- The duration of the course is at least 30 hours;
- The student must attend at least 75 % of the total course duration;
- The student must pass the Basic course exam in advance in order to attend the KNX Advanced course;
- All topics of the KNX Advanced course documentation shall be dealt within the above-mentioned period of time;
- Theoretical as well as practical part shall be conveyed by a KNX certified tutor;
- The theoretical and practical exam shall always be organized F2F in the presence of a KNX tutor.
- One KNX tutor shall be available for every 16 students during practical classes;
- The proportion of practical classes shall be at least 50 % of the entire course duration;
- Student must pass the theoretical and the practical exam (error finding, telegram/device analysis, project design) with minimum 50 % of the marks. The exam regulations can be found under Exam regulations for the different courses.
Note: The content of the certificate that can be issued for this course type shall be according to the sample certificate which can be found in the document ‘Annexes’ available on the KNX Cloud server.