KNX Tutor courses are offered for those students who want to set up a certified KNX training centre themselves or who want to work as a KNX tutor at an already certified KNX training centre. The theoretical part of the course is organized either F2F or online. The theoretical exam can be organized F2F or online.
|Topics||Location||Number of hours|
|1||KNX Requirements for training centres||F2F / Online||1h|
|2||Structure and Scope of KNX Association||F2F / Online||1h|
|3||KNX Software||F2F / Online||30 min.|
|4||History of bus systems||F2F / Online||1h|
|5||Serial data transmission & KNX protocol||F2F / Online||5h|
|6||Microcontrollers||F2F / Online||4h|
|7||Application program||F2F / Online||2h|
|8||KNX Certification scheme for products||F2F / Online||1h|
|9||Theoretical exam||F2F / Online||2h, 30 min.|
Requirements with regard to the KNX Tutor course
- The duration of the course is at least 18 hours;
- The student must pass the Advanced course exam in advance in order to be admitted to the KNX Tutor course. It is recommended that the Advanced qualification is acquired a maximum of two years before participating in the Tutor course;
- All topics of the KNX Tutor course documentation shall be dealt with in the above-mentioned period of time;
- The Tutor course shall be conveyed by a KNX tutor who himself has passed his tutor exam with an overall mark of 80 %;
- The theoretical exam shall be organized F2F or online;
- If organized online, the tutor candidate must have a camera turned on while taking the exam, without any virtual background;
- The KNX tutor (= examiner) must be present at his computer for the whole duration of the theoretical exam and must be able to monitor the candidate via the camera.
- Student must pass the theoretical exam with minimum 60 % of the marks. The exam regulations can be found under Exam regulations for the different courses.
- The KNX Tutor course does not include pedagogical or didactical training. The course also does not include marketing-related training.
- In order to prepare the students, the Tutor course documentation must be sent at least 2 weeks prior to the KNX Tutor course.
- A KNX training centre is not allowed to only offer KNX Tutor courses. An application for a KNX Basic and Advanced course is a prerequisite. The training centre needs to have trained 50 students for the Basic and 25 students for the Advanced course before it can submit an application for becoming a KNX++ training centre.
- The content of the certificate that can be issued for this course type shall be according to the sample certificate which can be found in the document ‘Annexes’ available on the KNX Cloud server.