The KNX Basic course is the first course that one must attend in order to become a KNX Partner and to be listed as a KNX Partner on the KNX website. The theoretical and practical part of the Basic course is organized Face to Face (F2F). The theoretical part of the course can also be organized online. Mobile or fixed training rigs are used to convey the practical part of the course. The theoretical and practical exam is always organized F2F. The following topics shall be conveyed during the organization of a KNX Basic course:
|Topics||Location||Number of hours|
|2||System arguments||F2F / Online||30 min.|
|3||System overview||F2F / Online||3h|
|4||Topology||F2F / Online||3h|
|5||Bus devices||F2F / Online||1h, 30 min.|
|6||KNX RF||F2F / Online||1h|
|7||TP Installation||F2F / Online||3h|
|8||Theoretical exam||F2F||1h 30 min.|
|9||Practical exam||F2F||1h 30 min.|
Requirements with regard to the KNX Basic course
- The duration of the total course incl. exams is at least 30 hours;
- The student must attend the course at least 75 % of the total course duration;
- All topics of the KNX Basic course documentation shall be dealt within the above-mentioned period of time;
- Theoretical as well as practical part shall be conveyed by a KNX certified tutor;
- The theoretical and practical exam shall always be organized F2F in the presence of a KNX tutor.
- One KNX tutor shall be available for every 16 students during practical classes;
- The proportion of practical classes shall be at least 50 % of the entire course duration;
- The student must pass the theoretical as well as the practical exam with minimum 50 % of the marks. The exam regulations can be found under Exam regulations for the different courses.
Note: The content of the certificate that can be issued for this course type shall be according to the sample certificate which can be found in the document ‘Annexes’ available on the KNX Cloud server.